<< View All Public Meetings
Rosen Event Center
11184 S. Apopka Vineland Road
Orlando, FL 32836
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is hosting an informational open house about design plans for I-4 improvements at Sand Lake Road (State Road (S.R.) 482) and Daryl Carter Parkway.
The I-4 and Sand Lake Road design-bid-build project includes:
- Reconstructing the I-4 general use lanes and extending I-4 managed lanes from west of the Sand Lake Road (S.R. 482) and I-4 interchange to the end of the I-4 Ultimate project, west of Kirkman Road (S.R. 435).
- Reconstructing the I-4 and Sand Lake Road interchange into a diverging diamond interchange (DDI).
- Adding a single, buffer-delineated westbound managed lane extension from west of Central Florida Parkway to west of the Sand Lake Road and I-4 interchange.
The I-4 and Daryl Carter Parkway design project includes:
- Reconfiguring the I-4 overpass on Daryl Carter Parkway as a DDI and constructing new I-4 exits from both directions to Daryl Carter Parkway, as well as a new eastbound I-4 entrance ramp.
- Adding eastbound I-4 entrance and exit ramps and a westbound I-4 exit ramp at the new interchange. The westbound I-4 entrance ramp will be constructed at a later time with the final configuration.
- Adding a single, buffer-delineated westbound managed lane extension from west of Daryl Carter Parkway to west of Central Florida Parkway.
Learn more about these design plans at the informational open house Thursday, February 10, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Rosen Event Center.
Learn more about the Daryl Carter Parkway improvements.
Learn more about the Sand Lake Road improvements.
The Department is offering multiple ways for the community to participate in the meeting. All participants, regardless of which platform they choose, will participate in the same live meeting.
- Virtual Option: Interested persons may join the Virtual Public Meeting (VPM) from a computer, tablet or mobile device. A VPM is a free live presentation or webinar over the internet. For this option, advance registration is required by visiting fdot.tips/i4meeting. Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting online. Please note, Internet Explorer cannot be used to register or attend this webinar. If joining online, please allow adequate time to log in to view the presentation in its entirety.
- Phone Option (Listen Only): Participants may join the meeting in listen-only mode by dialing 562-247-8321 and entering the passcode 557-860-742 when prompted.
- In-Person Open House Option: Participants may attend in person by going to the Rosen Event Center, 11184 S. Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32836 anytime between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to view a looping presentation and project displays, speak with project team members, and submit comments or questions. If attending in person, please remember to follow all safety and sanitation guidelines. If you are feeling unwell, please consider attending the meeting virtually or by phone.