reThink Your Commute
Drive times may increase for some motorists during construction of the I-4 Beyond the Ultimate. Lane and ramp closures, detours and congested alternate routes may have some commuters and their employers looking for options. Many don’t know where to begin.
reThink Your Commute, a service of the Florida Department of Transportation, is Central Florida’s resource for commuter options. Programs include:
- Ride matching – Connect with commuters to share rides to work via carpooling and vanpooling.
- Transit training – Get help determining if SunRail, LYNX and LYMMO options could work for you.
- Biking and walking safety – They say you never forget how to ride, but how well do you know the rules of the road? We can offer tips and assistance to help keep you and your co-workers safer.
- Reimbursable Rides Reward – When the unexpected arises, reThink Your Commute will pay you back the cost of transportation to or from work, up to six times a year, for a total of $600 in reimbursements..
- Employer services – Get help setting up commuter tax benefits, developing a telecommuter program, or creating a carpool parking program. Your company could qualify as a Best Workplaces for Commuters.
Visit www.reThinkYourCommute.com or call 1-866-610-RIDE (7433) today to learn more.