<< View All Public Meetings
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
9500 Turkey Lake Rd.
Orlando, FL 32819
Get Google Directions
Add to Google Calendar
Add to iCalendar/Outlook
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold a public meeting from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, to discuss proposed improvement projects to Interstate 4 (I-4) and Sand Lake Road and I-4 and Daryl Carter Parkway.
The purpose of these construction projects is to provide operational and safety enhancements to the I-4 corridor in southern Orange County. The public meeting is being held to present information and receive community feedback.
The I-4 and Sand Lake Road project includes:
- Reconstructing the I-4 general use lanes and extending I-4 managed lanes from west of Sand Lake Road (S.R. 482) and I-4 interchange to the end of the I-4 Ultimate project, west of Kirkman Road (S.R. 435).
- Reconstructing the I-4 and Sand Lake Road interchange into a diverging diamond interchange (DDI).
- Adding a single, buffer-delineated westbound managed lane extension from west of Sand Lake Road and I-4 interchange to west of Central Florida Parkway.
The I-4 and Daryl Carter Parkway project includes:
- Reconfiguring the I-4 overpass on Daryl Carter Parkway as a DDI and constructing new I-4 exits from both directions to Daryl Carter Parkway, as well as a new eastbound I-4 entrance ramp.
- Adding a single, buffer-delineated westbound managed lane extension from west of Central Florida Parkway to west of Daryl Carter Parkway.
The Department is offering multiple ways for the community to participate in the meeting. All participants, regardless of which platform they choose, will participate in the same live meeting.
Virtual Option: Interested persons may join the Virtual Public Meeting (VPM) from a computer, tablet, or mobile device. A VPM is a free live presentation or webinar over the internet. For this option, advance registration is required by visiting fdot.tips/i4meeting. Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting online. Please note, Internet Explorer cannot be used to register or attend this webinar. If joining online, please provide adequate log-in time to view the presentation in its entirety.
Phone Option (Listen Only): Participants may join the meeting in listen-only mode by dialing 562-247-8422 and entering the passcode 317-681-256 when prompted.
In-Person Open House Option: Participants may attend in person by going to the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa at 9500 Turkey Lake Road in Orlando anytime between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to view a looping presentation and project displays, speak with project team members, and submit comments or questions.
If attending in person, please remember to follow all safety and sanitation guidelines as well as adhere to any local ordinances. If you are feeling unwell, please consider attending the meeting virtually or by phone.