The purpose of the C.R. 46A (H.E. Thomas Jr. Parkway) and Rinehart Road intersection improvement project is to increase traffic efficiency while reducing congestion onto the Interstate 4 (I-4) and C.R. 46A interchange. The proposed enhancements will increase capacity at the intersection by modifying select existing turn lanes and adding new turn lanes.
Planned improvements include:
- Converting the existing eastbound through/right-turn lane on C.R. 46A to a through-only lane and adding two right-turn-only lanes for a total of three to southbound Rinehart Road.
- Adding a second southbound right-turn lane on Rinehart Road to westbound C.R. 46A.
- Adding a third lane to southbound Rinehart Road between C.R. 46A and Timacuan Boulevard.
- Extending the northbound left-turn lanes on Rinehart Road to westbound C.R. 46A.
- Extending a westbound left-turn lane on C.R. 46A to southbound Rinehart Road.
Construction is anticipated to start in fall 2023.