The reconstruction of the E.E. Williamson Road bridge over Interstate 4 (I-4) has been completed.
Work began in September 2019 to lengthen and widen the E.E. Williamson Road overpass to make room for the wider I-4 footprint below.
Crews working on the bridge have also been constructing a new auxiliary lane on eastbound I-4 from the end of the I-4 Ultimate project to Lake Mary Boulevard, as well as milling and resurfacing the I-4 mainline in both directions beneath the overpass.
The new E.E. Williamson Road overpass now includes:
- 12-foot-wide traffic lanes in both directions;
- 6-foot-wide bicycle lanes on the outside of both traffic lanes;
- A 6-foot-wide sidewalk on the south side;
- A 10-foot-wide trail on the north side, which will improve access to the Seminole Wekiva Trail; and
- A raised median separating the eastbound and westbound travel lanes.
Construction continues on the eastbound I-4 auxiliary lane and milling and resurfacing of both directions of I-4 under E.E. Williamson Road.
Motorists should expect periodic, nighttime lane closures on I-4 during construction.
Sign up for advance construction alerts by entering your contact information at I4Beyond.com/alerts. Motorists can customize their alerts to receive weekly, daily, or hourly notifications. Users also can filter the alerts to show only the construction activity that will impact their area.