



International Drive Resort Area Chamber of Commerce

I-4 / Sand Lake Road Interchange Oversight Committee

July 26, 2023

Meeting Purpose:	Weekly International Drive Resort Area Chamber of Commerce – I-4 and Sand Lake Road Interchange Oversight Committee Meeting #8
Meeting Date/Time:	Wednesday, July 26, 2023, 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location:	Zoom Meeting
Attendees:	I-Drive: David Vallillo (Host), Maria Triscari, Fernando Ching, Joshua Wallack, Brian Small FDOT: Esther Montoya, Seta Koroitamudu, Ryan Flipse Orange County: Krista Taraszewski (OCTP), Carter Gresham (OC Planning), Thornton Williams HNTB: Leeland Shelton Global-5: Katie Wigle, Mike Wacht

Agenda

1. Past Project Status:
 - a. FDOT to Review past 7-Days
 - i. Hauling of mulch from the project.
 - ii. Continued I-4 median widening.
 - b. Committees Comments & Suggestions

David Vallillo: What will the mowing schedule be like?

Ryan Flipse: When we see the need to mow, we will ask them to mow.

David: Who will initiate that call?

Ryan: Leeland, Jim, or I can take care of that.

Seta Koroitamudu: Our goal will be to get it mowed and not have it get to a place where those calls would come in.

Ryan: If we look at their 90% plan, and it looks like any of that will impact you, we will pull that out and create a presentation for you. Sometimes looking at just the plans can be confusing.

Joshua Wallack: As you look at this diagram of maps. I know that there may be some retention ponds going in Area 7 where right now it's just vacant land. You mentioned last time that the fountains were value engineered out of that section, but we would be willing to help beautify that section, including



possibly paving and landscaping and exfiltration underneath to help create a nicer look when people drive by. What is your take on the feasibility of us participating in that piece?

Ryan: That would probably fall more into that bigger discussion with the design folks in Orange County who were originally on that discussion. I would not be able to give an answer on the feasibility of that at this time.

Maria Triscari: Josh we are on the same page, a couple weeks ago I gave a call to Alberto Vargas and other people in the county involved in this to make this an opportunity.

Joshua: I am willing to fund this out of our own pocket. I don't necessarily need the CRA.

Maria: We will have a meeting for that and get the right people in the room to discuss that. I will sidebar that with you.

Carter Gresham: I am sitting in for Alberto. We are also on the same page, and we want to have a robust conversation on this. We want to ensure this is a gateway and a threshold and feel like it is a fully fleshed out pond that can be an aesthetic entryway.

Joshua: We have been maintaining that land for years and it's not even ours because it is always overgrown. Mangos is willing to participate to make sure that it is something that doesn't need constant attention to look presentable. We mow it weekly with our own money.

David: We do need to discuss long term who will be maintaining it. And we should make sure it is engineered and designed to include a thought process that will eliminate panhandling and people camping overnight.

Esther: I am sitting for John Hatfield. I think we are all on the same page, if you could also bring us to the conversation, because there are a lot of processes that we need to go through, so if any decisions are happening, please include at least John so we can work together on this.

Joshua: Areas 5, 6, and 7 are seemingly the back side of the project, and we are willing to step up now, so it doesn't just turn into a pond where the grass grows 4 feet high before anyone is out there to mow it.

David: If we have to do any redesign, we know we can't drastically change the intersection, but the clock is ticking, and we don't have a long time to wait. We understand that.

Maria: By next week we will have a meeting with everyone.

2. Future Project Status

- a. FDOT to Review next 7-Days
 - i. Continue I-4 median widening. Will begin base installation next week.
 - ii. Ongoing mowing.
- b. Committees Comments & Suggestions



Ryan: The median on I-4 is an area that the contractor is allowed to work on without final plans. They are assuming the risk of that work.

Are there any major events coming up in the area?

Krista Taraszewski: Not that I am aware of, I am not as in-tune with the convention center as I used to be.

David: How aware is every one of the Scoot system that runs on I-Drive? There is a traffic system that is active on I-Drive. It may benefit anyone working on traffic details on this project to know how that operates.

Krista: The intersection on I-Drive and Sand Lake specifically was already updated to the new system. The one that is right next to you is no longer on Scoot, but the plan is to add that when we add the bus lanes.

Ryan: We still don't have a subcontractor for the traffic portion, but our traffic ops I'm sure is aware. We will coordinate with them to make sure they are aware of it. We will need to have robust pre-meetings before any of that starts.

Joshua: Does this project have a project reference number?

Ryan: E59A6 is the contract number and 444315-1-52-01 is the Financial Identification Number.

Maria: Next week could we extend this meeting to have the gateway enhancements meeting until 4:30 p.m.?

Ryan: Would you like us to invite our folks from design?

Maria: Yes.

Ryan: Tentatively yes, we will work to see if we can get the right folks available.

Maria: We will create a subcommittee to talk about this.

David: I will send a reminder that there will be an additional meeting on the backside of this from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. next week.

3. Future Major Milestones
 - a. FDOT to Review next 14-21 Days
 - i. No major milestones for this period.
4. Cleanliness Review
 - a. Committees Observations over past 7-Days
5. Condition Review
 - a. Committees Observations over past 7-Days
 - b. (Fencing, Wraps, Barricades, Temp. Signage)
6. Gateway Enhancements
 - a. FDOT updates and Committees feedback
 - i. Maria is working on ideas with the IDCoC



7. Old Business

- a. Micro-link from I-4 Beyond the Ultimate is live.
- b. Ponds and Fountain Possibilities- Under Design Engineer review
- c. Sweeper Truck Status- No update on the status of truck purchase other than Lane is still looking for a vehicle. FDOT/CEI has requested pricing for a rental truck until a permanent sweeper can be purchased. Hand Sweeping will be performed if truck is unavailable.

8. New Business

- a. Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association Presentation
 - i. Wednesday, August 9th, 3:30-4:30pm.
 - ii. Reschedule or cancel that week's meeting?

Maria: Could you reschedule that with them? Since we all have this time blocked out on our schedule?

Mike: I will reach out to our contact with CFHLA and ask today.

- b. Next meeting 8/2/23.

9. Meeting Adjourned.